Water crystals are used for hydrating feeder insects. You add the dry crystals to water, and in a few hours you have hydrating, gel water crystals. Store in an air-tight container. They are also great for plants and rooting . A small amount of crystals expands holding water in a non toxic bio degradable cellulose.
Small sized (1-2mm) water absorbing polymer crystals. These crystals are commonly used insects & terrariums, soil moisture management, and for providing safe hydration to feeder insects. Water absorbing polymer crystals absorbs over 400 times their weight in water. With 1oz of water crystals you can make a whole gallon of water or use 1 teaspoon added to 8 oz of water. Use 1 oz of water polymer crystals by weight for each gallon of water. allow to saturate for at least 1 hour. strain off excess water before use. For smaller quantities use 1 teaspoon per 8oz of water.
- Water polymer crystals prevents drowning of feeder insects We use them in our vivariums and plants if in our cages prevents drowning insects
- Non-toxic so will not harm your insects or the pets which eat them
- Mix in soil to increase water retention for plants
- May be fortified with calcium infused liquid
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- NOTE: THEY CAN CLOG YOUR DRAIN! I learned the hard way pouring some in the sink